Need help? We are available to speak to you 7 days a weekRead More

Australian Migration Agents are fully registered: MARN 2318221

0800 010 010
Open 7 days
1300 618 548

Work visa Australia

Leverage your skills and prosper in your career with an Australian work visa

Kickstart your new life in Australia with help from our dedicated team of work visa agents. With an Australia skilled visa, you can live and work in the country as a temporary or permanent resident, depending on your visa type. Our agents have a high success rate and can help increase your chances of obtaining a work visa.

Book a consultation

Disclaimer copy

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Australian Migration Agents are registered migration agents

Registration number: 1455 6 78

Australian Migration Agents are fully registered: MARN 2318221

What sets Australian Migration Agents apart

Finding the best Australian working visa for your situation

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (482)

The Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) allows employers to sponsor foreign workers with specific skills to temporarily fill shortages. It offers three streams:

  • Short-term - allows you to live and work for up to two years (exemptions apply)
  • Medium-term - allows you to live and work for up to four years (exemptions apply)
  • Labour agreement - allows you to live and work for a maximum of four years (exemptions apply) depending on your labour agreement

Eligibility requirements for a temporary skilled shortage visa include:

  • Nomination from a Government-approved sponsor
  • Have the necessary skills for the job 
  • English language proficiency 

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (186)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186) is a permanent residence visa that allows skilled foreign workers nominated by their Australian employer to live and work in Australia. It has three streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition 
  • Direct Entry 
  • Labour agreement 

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Must have a job offer from an Australian employer
  • Meet skills and qualification requirements
  • Pass health and character assessments

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (187)

This visa allows skilled workers who have been nominated by their employer to live and work in regional areas of Australia.

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Must have a job offer from a regional employer
  • Be on a subclass 457 or 482 visa
  • Meet skills and qualification requirements
  • Pass health and character assessments 
  • Evidence that you have worked full-time for your employer for three years or more (exemptions can apply)

Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (491)

This skilled regional visa is a temporary visa that allows skilled workers and their families to live, work, and study in designated regional areas of Australia for up to five years. After three years, skilled regional visa holders are eligible to apply for permanent residency.

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Receive either a nomination from a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative 
  • Await an invite from the Australian government to apply 
  • Your occupation must be on the skilled occupation list
  • Have a suitable skills assessment
  • Score 65+ points when you submit your expression of interest

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (494)

This temporary skilled visa addresses regional labour shortages, allowing skilled workers and their families to live and work in designated regional areas of Australia for up to five years.

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Receive a nomination from an approved employer
  • Your occupation must be on the skilled occupation list
  • Have a suitable skills assessment
  • Meet skills and qualification requirements
  • Pass health and character assessments

The employer-sponsored stream for this visa provides a pathway to permanent residency for those who meet the criteria, including working and living in a regional area for at least three years.

Temporary Graduate Visa (485)

The Temporary Graduate Visa allows international students who have recently completed their studies to live, work, and study in Australia for up to six years. There are four streams for this visa:

  • Graduate work stream - allows recent graduates with qualifications relevant to occupation shortages to stay between 18 months and five years
  • Post-study work stream - allows recent graduates with Australian degrees to live, work, and study for two to four years, depending on your degree
  • Second post-study work stream - allows recent graduates with the Temporary Graduate visa (first post-study work stream or replacement stream) who gained their degree in a regional part of Australia to live, work, and study for one to four years 
  • Replacement stream - allows those who lost time on their Temporary Graduate visa due to the pandemic to live, work and study for 18 months to six years.

Skilled Independent Visa (189)

The Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) is a permanent visa that invites eligible people with certain skills to live, work, and study in Australia without the need for employer, state, or territory government sponsorship. There are three streams, each with their own eligibility criteria:

  • Points tested stream
  • New Zealand stream
  • Hong Kong stream

Skilled Nomination Visa (190)

The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent visa for nominated skilled workers to reside and work in Australia. 

To qualify, applicants must:

  • Be invited to apply and then nominated by an Australian state or territory government 
  • Have the relevant skills for the occupation
  • Be under 45 when invited to apply
  • Score 65+ points on the skills test
  • Be proficient in English 
  • Meet the skills, health, and character requirements

Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (188)

This provisional visa aims to attract business owners, entrepreneurs, and investors who can contribute to the Australian economy and create jobs. It has several streams:

  • Business Innovation 
  • Investor
  • Significant Investor 
  • Business Innovation Extension
  • Significant Investor Extension 
  • Premium Investor 
  • Entrepreneur 

Eligibility varies between streams but for all, you must:

  • Provide an expression of interest
  • Be nominated and invited to apply

Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (888)

This visa is for business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs and serves as the pathway from the provisional subclass 188 visa to permanent residency. There are five streams, each with their own criteria:

  • Business Innovation 
  • Investor 
  • Significant Investor 
  • Premium Investor 
  • Entrepreneur

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (489)

The Skilled Regional visa allows skilled workers and their families to live and work in regional areas of Australia for up to four years. Eligibility depends on the pathway:

  • Invited pathway - you must be nominated or sponsored, invited to apply, showcase a skill on the skilled visa list, and score 65 points minimum in the points test
  • Extended stay pathway - you must hold a subclass 475, 487, 495, or 496 visa before you can apply to extend your stay
  • Subsequent entry pathway - this is for family members of skilled worked on a subclass 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496 visa

Skilled Regional (Permanent) Visa (887)

This visa provides a pathway to permanent residency for individuals who have lived and worked in regional Australia or a designated area for two or more years on a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa.

To qualify, applicants must:

  • Meet residency and employment criteria
  • Have complied with the conditions of their provisional visa
  • Have proficient English language skills
  • Meet health and character requirements

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (476)

This provisional visa allows eligible engineering graduates to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in Australia. It does not require sponsorship by an employer and allows visa holders to live, work, and study in Australia. It can serve as a pathway to other skilled visas in Australia for those wishing to continue their stay.

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Evidence of completing an engineering course in the last two years which resulted in a degree or higher qualification in an engineering discipline, such as: 
  • Civil, structural, chemical, or environmental engineering   
  • Electrical and electronics engineering  
  • Mechanical, production and plant engineering  
  • Mining and material engineering  
  • Be under 31
  • Have not previously had a 485 or 476 visa 
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Be proficient in English or hold a valid passport from the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or Republic of Ireland

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (191)

This visa enables people with certain provisional skilled regional visas, such as the subclass 494 or 491 skilled visa, to live and work in Australia permanently. There are two streams:

  • Regional provisional stream - requirements include holding and adhering to an eligible visa for three years minimum and reaching a specific income threshold
  • Hong Kong stream - applicants must have a Hong Kong passport or British National passport, and meet the visa and residency requirements

Work and skilled visa application steps

The skilled visa application process can be challenging and time-consuming, especially with so many work visa options to choose from. A skilled visa agent can help you to select the most appropriate work visa, assemble the documentation, and increase your chances of success.

Book a consultation

Step 1

Consultation and engagement

Organise a consultation time to speak with one of our agents. You can meet with us in person, via Zoom or telephone. Following this, we will send you paperwork that confirms our engagement to represent you.

Step 2

Preparation and submission

We will prepare written submissions in support of your visa application. This will be based on your individual circumstances, and supported by evidence where appropriate. We then submit your application to the relevant body (Department of Home Affairs, courts or tribunal)

Step 3

Representation and success

We will keep you informed about your application, and notify you of the outcome. If you receive an unfavourable outcome and we can reapply, we will!

How to get a working visa in Australia

Australian Migration Agents have a firm understanding of immigration law and can help you find and apply for the best work visa for your situation. During our initial one-to-one consultation, we’ll find out more about you and your skills before giving you a fixed quote so you have an upfront, transparent cost from the outset. 

We’re here to support you on your work visa journey - let’s get started together.

Book a consultation

About Australian Migration Agents

With years of experience helping workers settle in Australia, Australian Migration Agents understands the complexities of relocating and aims to make this process as stress-free as possible for you. We do this by getting to know you and your situation, addressing any concerns you have, and understanding your goals so we can help you achieve them.

  • We have the tools and expertise to know what is needed for a successful outcome
  • Our streamlined control processes include thorough checklists so we can move through to submission stage relatively quickly
  • We can assist visa applicants onshore or offshore

Australia-wide services

Our skilled team offers in-person and virtual appointments, which means we can provide immigration assistance and advice regardless of where you live in Australia.  

Important information about skilled visas

For the 2023-2024 intake, there are 137,100 permanent places available for Australian skilled visas in the Migration Program, which helps to fuel economic growth and fill skill shortages. 

Since Covid-19, there has been a significant increase in visa applications submitted by migration agents due to uncertainty around application outcomes. As international travel reaches pre-Covid levels, the volume of visa applications is set to surge, which will likely result in longer processing times.  

Australian visas are subject to frequent changes which is why it helps to have a migration agent in your corner who has the most up-to-date information about laws and regulations. With our experience and expertise, we can support you throughout the process and ensure your application meets all the requirements.


Talk to us today.

1300 618 548
Available now


We offer migration agent services across Australia.
Find your nearest location.

View Locations

Frequently asked questions

What is the general skilled migration visa?

Australia has a general skilled migration program that is designed to attract workers from around the world to address specific skill shortages in the Australian labour market. Under this program, eligible individuals can apply for Australian skilled visas that grant them permanent or temporary residency, depending on the subclass. Those eligible can apply for Australian citizenship after holding their permanent skilled visa for a specified amount of time. 

How much does a migration agent for Australia work visa cost?

Migration agent fees vary from agency to agency. At Australian Migration Agents, we tailor our rates to your circumstances, taking into account the type of work visa you’re applying for, how complex the application is, and the services you require. Rather than charging hourly like some agents, we provide a fixed quote after your initial consultation so you know exactly how much to set aside for application assistance. 

What are the Australia skilled visa requirements? 

Visa requirements vary depending on the subclass you are applying for, but for the general skilled migration program, those that are not sponsored by an employers have to fit the following criteria:

  • Be aged between 18 and 45
  • Select an occupation from the approved skilled occupation list
  • Have a proficient level of English 
  • Meet the country’s health and character requirements 
  • Achieve a certain number of points as specified for each visa

A migration agent can help you select the visa most suited to your skills and situation and will ensure that you meet all the necessary requirements.

How do I apply for a skilled worker visa?

Australia has its own online portal for submitting work visa applications. 

  • Select the appropriate work visa subclass and check your eligibility.
  • You may need to submit an expression of interest, which will be ranked based on a points system. If your expression of interest is accepted, you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa. 
  • Gather the relevant documents to support your application and upload into the online system.
  • Pay any application fees (if applicable) and submit your application. 
  • Undergo any required health examinations 
  • Await decision from the Department of Home Affairs

Is there a 482 visa skills assessment exemption?

Yes, there are circumstances in which applicants for a Temporary Skill Shortage visa may be exempt from the skills assessment requirement. Some exemptions include:

  • You hold a 457 or 482 visa, uphold the criteria outlined in that visa, and currently work in your nominated occupation
  • You work for a company operating an overseas business in the same role to which your visa application relates and you have been nominated by a sponsor associated with that company
  • You have a relevant qualification for your application-related occupation that is proportionate with the qualification outlined in ANZSCO and you earned this qualification by successfully completing a course or training in Australia or other permitted country
  • You meet the TRA standards for your nominated occupation 

This is not an exhaustive list and there are other exemptions that may apply to your circumstances. Your work visa agent will be able to explain if you qualify for a visa skills exemption when you attend your first consultation. 

Book a consultation

Tell us a little about your situation, and one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

ABN 99 672 807 724 | ACN 672 807 724